Terms & Conditions
CFA Institute Career Center
Legal Terms and Conditions of Use
Last updated: 17 March 2017
These terms and conditions (the "terms and conditions") incorporate by reference and supplement the CFA Institute Legal Terms and Conditions of Use, available here, and apply to your use of the CFA Institute Career Center website (the "Site") whether as a guest or registered user (“User”, “you”, “your”). Through this Site, third party employers and those recruiting candidates on their behalf ("Employers") may post job opportunities and candidates, members and other individuals with access to the site ("Job Seekers") may search for and apply to such job opportunities. CFA Institute together, directly, or via its member societies (“we”, “us”), provides this Site primarily as a platform to connect Employers and Job Seekers.
Employers are solely responsible for their postings on this Site. CFA Institute is not an employer with respect to your use of this Site, and we are not responsible for any employment decisions made by any entity posting jobs on this Site. For purposes of this Site, the definition of "User Content" includes job opportunities, resumes, profiles, job applications, and any other content posted or submitted by Users.
You are required to register with this Site if you wish to: create a profile; receive certain information and updates; and to access the Employers’ and Job Seekers’ designated areas of the Site. You will need to provide your email address and a self-selected user name and password when you register with the Site. All Employers and Job Seekers must confirm their registration with the Site and accept and comply with these terms and conditions to gain access to and use their respective areas of the Site. Do not share with, or disclose your password to, any other User. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, and any use thereof. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account.
Use of Site
We reserve the right to deny Users access to this Site or any part of it without notice and to decline to provide access or services to any User who is in breach of these terms and conditions.
You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (e.g., national/federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Site and your User Content. In addition to the limitations and restrictions described in the CFA Institute Legal Terms and Conditions of Use, you agree not to:
- post or submit any incomplete, false, inaccurate, misleading, private, confidential, or sensitive information;
- post or submit any resume, job opportunity, or apply for any job on behalf of another party (unless the poster is acting as a recruiter for an employer pursuant to a valid and binding agreement with that employer);
- collect or harvest any contact details published on this Site, or use such information in violation of any applicable law or regulation (including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited marketing communications) or to harass users;
- frame this Site (if a link to this Site is directed to an area requiring registration, the link must be directed to the relevant registration page);
- interfere with or disrupt any other User's access to or use of this Site;
- use this Site for facilitating any pyramid scheme, multi-level marketing program, or similar endeavor; and
- use this Site for any unlawful purpose or any illegal activity (or to encourage others to use this Site in such a manner), post or submit any content (or links therein) that is defamatory, libelous, offensive, obscene, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, or sexually suggestive, or post or submit any content (or links therein) that is likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, anxiety to any person, as determined by CFA in its sole discretion.
The platform on which this Site is hosted (“Platform”), is owned and operated by a third party service provider (“Third Party Provider”) and all intellectual property rights in the Platform, the host infrastructure and software used to operate the Site belong to the Third Party Provider. You may not transmit, distribute or store content that materially interferes with or adversely affects the operation of the Platform including without limitation the hosting infrastructure and related software.
Upon request of CFA Institute any Employer posting or submitting a job opportunity for another party will provide to CFA Institute written evidence of the Employer’s authority to do so. Failure to provide such information upon request may result in the deactivation of the Employer’s account.
Additionally, with respect to this Site, we do not, confirm the accuracy or completeness of User Content (including, but not limited to, the identity of each User), or have any involvement in the transaction between Employers and Job Seekers. As such, we are not responsible for: User Content, including, but not limited to, the quality, safety, legality, truth, or accuracy of such content; the ability of Employers to offer job opportunities to Job Seekers; or the ability of Job Seekers to satisfy job openings. Further, we make no representations about any User Content. While we reserve the right in our sole discretion to remove User Content or other material from this Site from time to time, we do not assume any obligation to do so and, to the extent permitted by law, disclaim any liability for failing to take any such action.