Senior Associate – Financial Controller
7 days left
- Pune (Division), Maharashtra (IN)
- 05 May 2023
- 04 Jun 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Accounting/Audit Firm
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Regulates accounting policies, programs, and systems to control the organization's financial assets and to provide complete and accurate financial information and records.
- Oversees experienced professionals reports and findings to ensure business processes are adequately documented.
- Handles strategic direction for the development and maintenance of planning and budgeting systems.
- Evaluates the implementation of corporate financial processes and systems and maximizes the quality of financial reporting and analysis.
- Assigns the analysis and interpretation of financial data and the preparation of financial and management reports, interprets financial data to determine and recommend changes to improve financial performance.
- Connects with executive leadership concerning financial control matters of significance to the organization, presenting findings and specific recommendations and/or trends requiring attention.
- Manages, directs, assesses performance, and coordinates with direct reports to ensure and facilitate execution of the business's stated financial control strategies and objectives, and to foster team member engagement, motivation, and development.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 5+ Years Required; 7+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
JOB DESCRIPTION – SUMMARY:
The role is a within the Fund Administration – Financial Reporting Group (“FRG”), which is primarily responsible for the preparation of the portfolios of investments and financial statements, which are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) to be included within the various SEC filings for the Nuveen and TIAA-CREF ’40 Act Funds (the “Funds”). This includes the Funds’ (i) shareholder reports (filed semi-annually on Form N-CSR) and (ii) monthly and quarterly portfolio holdings (filed on Form N-PORT and Part F of Form N-PORT, respectively) and (ii) other various other regulatory filings completed by the Funds.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The general duties and responsibilities for this position are expected to be assumed and developed in stages. Those developmental stages and anticipated time-line parameters are as follows:
Stage 1: (Projected timeline 0-6 Months)
Assist in the preparation and review of the Funds’ shareholder reports and quarterly portfolios (i.e. Part F of Form N-PORT).
Become familiar with the various products offered by each Fund family.
Become familiar with each Fund complexes, which includes the financial statement templates, supporting schedules and report preparation processes.
Increase understanding of the internal control environment, including where differences may occur.
Stage 2: (Projected timeline months 6-12)
Assist in the preparation and review of the Funds’ other various SEC filings such as Forms N-PORT, N-1A, and N-CSR.
Preparation & Review supporting schedules.
Become involved with the audit engagement and associated inquiries.
Coordinate with Fund Administration Tax on related disclosures.
Communicate internal control efficiencies to reporting manager.
Begin performing initial reviews of monthly Form N-PORT filings.
Stage 3: (Projected timeline months 12-24)
Assist in performing technical accounting research by working directly with TIAA Accounting Policy. Assist in the collaboration associated with the documentation and evaluation of the Funds’ internal controls. Work closely with the Funds various external service providers to resolve Staff and/or audit inquiries. Work with various internal business partners such as Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Product Management and Product Groups, as determined necessary. Participate in Disclosure Committee meetings and present disclosure changes, when applicable. Provide training to staff and newly joined staff. Assist in new projects, trainings and efficiency.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7-9 years of relevant financial services industry accounting, administration and/or financial reporting experience
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Adaptability and flexibility to work flow
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work additional hours during peak business periods
Mathematical and Analytical Skills:
- Working knowledge of investment company accounting principles
- High attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel