Associate - Business Finance Operations (BFO)
- Mumbai, Konkan (IN)
- 05 May 2023
- 04 Jun 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- CFA Charterholder, CIPM Certificant, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending), Passed CIPM Expert, Passed CIPM Principles
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts forecasts and models of monthly financial results to allow senior team members to identify drivers, explain key variances and inform recommendations to senior management.
- Supports re-forecasting activities and updating/evolving forecast models.
- Assists with updating general ledger journal entry postings during the closing process to help ensure that financial statements are accurate.
- Prepares ad hoc reports that analyze financial results versus budget/forecasts.
- Ensures financial operations are in alignment with the organization's strategic goals and vision.
- Drafts financial reports and presentations to be delivered to management that inform business and financial decisions.
- Seeks guidance from senior Financial Planning & Analysis team members regarding challenges that require more advanced knowledge and experience.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 2+ Years Required; 3+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Business Finance office support
- Work closely with leaders across Technology and Finance functions to define and execute Business Finance office initiatives
- Turn ideas into business cases and help in prioritizing various projects
Assist in creating presentations for Executive Management
- Drafts financial reports and presentations for management that inform business and financial decisions.
- Seeks guidance from senior management regarding challenges that require more advanced knowledge.
Preparing operating budgets with and for various departments to support organization's cost optimization goals.
- Prepares financial models that analyze monthly financial results in order to identify drivers and explain key variances.
- Completes forecasts and modeling and ensures that results are timely and accurate.
- Completes re-forecasting activities and updating/evolving forecast models.
- Provide support during forecast / budget cycles with consolidation and tracking including stress testing.
Working with various departments to assist with their expense management strategies and procedures.
- Prepares ad hoc departmental reports that analyze departmental financial results versus budget/forecasts.
- Responsible for expense management, analytics and enhancing the management reporting provided to the Business Finance Officer Teams.
- Responsible for providing timely and effective management reporting and analytics around Revenue, Expenses, and Headcount.
Process improvement, Automation and Transformation
- Automate routine reports for various expenses and KPIs.
- Work closely with COE teams in identify system transformations and providing inputs from Business Finance perspective.
Required Education: MBA preferred
- Corporate Finance or FP&A background strongly preferred.
- Experience with global support for top financial services or international companies preferred.
- IT Finance and project finance experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Power Point Skills must with Think-cell knowledge will be a plus
- Hyperion Essbase, Tableau system knowledge desirable
- Keen desire to learn the business
- Strategic business partnering skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid PC skills including advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint,
- Financial reporting/analysis experience. Prior FP&A experience must
- Attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to succeed and work independently in a team environment.
- Flexible to work in shift timing - 2 PM to 11 PM IST (3.30 AM EST to 12.30 PM EST).