- Aviva Life Insurance Company India Ltd.
- 21 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Equities Research: Buy Side
- Industry Sector
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ROLE AND CONTEXT:
The jobholder will have the responsibility of supporting the Investment Team with market research on different sectors, securities, investment options and any macro/ micro event, which is likely to have an impact on the investments of the Company & sectors.
The jobholder will work closely with Fund Managers, & Head of Equity to assist in the preparation of research reports and analysis for equity markets.
- Assist in carrying out comprehensive research on the companies, industries and groups where the Company intends to invest
- Assist in generating reports for the perusal of senior management
- Assist in post - investment monitoring Independent and neutral feedback on the various investment options
- Ensure effective maintenance of database of different potential securities and entities where the Company can invest Assist in the monitoring of various economic indices
- To proactively carry out market research in aspects which have an impact on the Company’s investment
Decision making authority:
- Complete independence in recommendations on investments
- No direct financial responsibility other than day - to - day compliance on Company specified items
NEED TO TO:
- Provide accurate research reports for facilitating equity investments
- Track the performance of organisations where the Company has made investments
- Investment team
- Company’s management and market intermediaries
Key performance indicators:
- Provide useful and cryptic reports to facilitate investments
- Ensure timely MIS on the market conditions for the perusal of Senior Management
NEED TO KNOW
CA/ CFA and/ or MBA from a reputed institute/ University.
- Keen analytical skills to evaluate investment proposals in Mid cap space.
- Sound knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques and principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of the equity market and the dynamic market forces
A minimum of 4-7 years of experience as a research analyst preferably with Mutual Fund/ Research house / Insurance / PMS/ brokerages.
NEED TO BE
Planning and Innovation
- Creates new opportunities rather than just seizing the obvious existing ones
- Willing to think outside of normal business practices and turns “off the wall” proposals into workable propositions
- Has the courage to promote these where the business case suggests that the potential rewards justify the risks of failure
Making Sound Business Judgments
- Applies experience and understanding of the business context in approach to problem solving
- Considers financials, risk and the potential impact of actions on all parts of the business
- Extrapolates themes and trends in the data where information is incomplete in order to make an informed judgment where there may not be a single answer
- Understands how activities in other parts of the business impact on own area and vice versa
- Builds lasting relationships within and outside the organisation and uses the network for the benefit of all parties
- Creates opportunities to meet with network regularly on an informal and formal basis
- Shares knowledge of where to go for help outside the team. Involves the right people and uses organisational politics to positive effect
- Links all activities back to personal and organisational objectives and is prepared to question the value of all activities to ensure that they contribute fully/ add value
- Agrees to both long and short - term priorities and is prepared to say no when activity appears counter to the achievement of these