Senior Analyst, Corporate Credit Ratings
The Team: DBRS Morningstar – Credit Operations Mumbai Analytics
DBRS Morningstar (DBRSM) is a global credit ratings business with about 800 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the credit ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world. DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology, and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes. DBRS Morningstar rates more than 4,000 issuers and 56,000 securities worldwide, and is driven to bring more clarity, diversity, and responsiveness to the ratings process. Visit https://www.dbrsmorningstar.com/learn/dbrsmorningstar to learn more.
Credit Operations Mumbai Analytics team enables and supports the efficient and effective delivery of credit ratings/information to the market with its specialized skills and assets, consistent frameworks, and economies of scale. We collaborate with DBRSM global stakeholders to build creative, impactful solutions and offer services for the business and the market.
DBRS Morningstar’s Corporate team is looking for a motivated individual with good analytical skills and a desire to learn. This role will provide unique opportunities for mastering key aspects of the credit ratings process including in-depth fundamental analysis of Corporate borrowers across multiple industries in support of analysts primarily based in North America. You will be responsible for providing data, research and financial modeling support utilized to produce company and sector specific credit reports that incorporate creative insights and support activities across the ratings value chain. This position is based in our Navi Mumbai office.
- Provide research and financial modeling support for corporate borrowers across multiple industries for DBRSM products across the ratings value chain
- Reviewing and summarizing credit documents, legal documentation, etc.
- Collect, organize, and analyze data from internal and external sources for use in peer comparisons, industry, and credit analysis
- Assisting the onshore analytical teams in preparing credit rating memos, drafting rationales, or parts thereof for rating new issuances and/ or carrying out surveillance of existing credits
- Monitoring news, announcements, or other material events and analyzing/ articulating their impact on specific credits and/ or industry
- Provide the required data, research, and analytical support; and assist in drafting company-specific and industry commentaries/ reports to be authored by onshore analytical team
- Provide guidance to the analyst/ junior members of the team and help review their work to maintain top notch quality at agreed timelines
- Prepare and deliver trainings and mentor members of the team
- Help look for opportunities to streamline various activities through various means including process manuals, FAQ documents, automation, etc.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Postgraduate in Finance or CA or CFA charter holder or such equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ of relevant experience in capital markets /corporate credit analysis/ credit ratings, etc.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/ or IFRS accounting rules is strongly desired
- Good domain understanding of global corporate credit analysis
- Robust quantitative and analytical skills supported by strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Ability to communicate analytical thoughts in a crisp, concise, and precise manner
- Creative thinker who is adept at taking an analytic approach to problem solving
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to participate/ contribute as a team player
DBRS Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.
If you received and accept an offer from us, we require that personal and any related investments be disclosed confidentiality to our Compliance team (days vary by region). These investments will be reviewed to ensure they meet Code of Ethics requirements. If any conflicts of interest are identified, then you will be required to liquidate those holdings immediately. In addition, dependent on your department and location of work certain employee accounts must be held with an approved broker (for example all, U.S. employee accounts). If this applies and your account(s) are not with an approved broker, you will be required to move your holdings to an approved broker.