Financial Research Analyst Internship
Position: Financial Research Analyst Internship for CFA Candidates
- Paid Internship (remote for 3-6 months)
- Part-time with Full-time offers made to qualified candidates after the internship is complete
- Watch the video on this position (Careers in Finance & Fintech | Young Women Apply Now | Girl Power Investments) by Sameer Somal
Successful Applicants will collaborate directly and receive mentorship from:
Sameer Somal, CFA (https://sameersomal.com)
- Co-Founder & Board Member of India based Girl Power Talk (https://girlpowertalk.com)
- CEO of USA based Blue Ocean Global Technology (https://www.blueoceanglobaltech.com)
Year 1 Location:
Rolling evaluation of candidates
Official Start Date: To Be Determined
Overview of Girl Power Investments:
Girl Power Investments is the Finance & Fintech partnership company of Girl Power Talk. This exclusive group of tomorrow's leaders in finance is afforded diverse opportunities to work alongside global clients on a wide array of projects & initiatives. We offer experiential learning to the brightest and most capable students and young professionals. This collective is supported by a select group of CFA Charterholders and international mentors. Girl Power Investments is led by Sameer Somal, CFA, co-founder of Girl Power Talk & CEO of Blue Ocean Global Technology. We are a highly selective team of intelligent, empathetic and ambitious global leaders with a passion for finance, investments, technology and related fields.
Two article references our culture and philosophy:
- How to Create a Happy and Productive Work Culture (Business.com)
- Girl Power Talk: A Startup that Empowers Young Women to Grow and Achieve Their Full Potential (Timesnext)
Two video references on our culture:
General Candidate Requirements:
- All applicants must be CFA Candidates or have a strong interest in becoming one immediately.
- Commitment to becoming a CFA Charterholder (https://www.cfainstitute.org)
- No experience is required.
- Candidates will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Independent thinker with strong leadership and entrepreneurial potential.
- Interest in executive fast-track and assuming responsibility at Girl Power Talk, Blue Ocean Global Technology and other key client relationships.
- Strict adherence to the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct (https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/ethics-standards/ethics/code-of-ethics-standards-of-conduct-guidance)
- The successful candidate must be open to future domestic and international travel.
- A keen interest in finance and some basic knowledge of investments related subjects.
- Strong research skills in the area of fintech, AI, Big Data, and other technology mandates.
- Identify trends and insights and use them as a basis to optimize spending and company performance.
- Highly detail-oriented self-starter with an acute appreciation for accuracy and detail.
- Ability to lead research projects and be proactive.
- Strong interpersonal (soft) skills and the desire to improve particularly in leadership and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and capability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks with changing deadlines.
- Able to work both with little supervision and closely with other colleagues as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset to fit in a fast-paced and highly demanding startup work culture environment and ability to think out of the box, innovative ideas and solutions
Other Skills We Are Looking For:
- Professional maturity and a foundationally strong work ethic.
- Ability to earn the trust and respect of leaders and key team members across global departments.
- Willingness to work across various departments and master diverse skills.
- An approachable attitude and commitment to building a healthy and happy workplace and a desire to invest time in networking with teammates.
Note: New team member responsibilities are progressively increased and awarded on merit.
- Working with global clients on consultative projects
- Creating and launching Girl Power USA
- Market research and valuation reports
- Financial Literacy education curriculum, presentations and courses.
- Data Intelligence & Artificial Intelligence exposure
- Supporting Girl Power Talk’s Social Entrepreneurship ventures
- Developing innovative solutions and creating opportunities for Girl Power Talk & Blue Ocean Global Technology with Sameer Somal directly.
Reflective of market rates after assessment of candidates.
- Flexible working hours
- Letter of recommendation
- Network with young leaders across our departments and geography
- Pre-placement offers for high potential candidates
- Training/mentoring through on-the-job guidance as well as structured training sessions.
- Mentorship and support for obtaining the CFA charter
- Personality and soft skills focus within our leadership development program
1. Complete the official Girl Power Talk application at: https://girlpowertalk.com/apply-now/.
Note: Please reference “Girl Power Investments CFA Applicant” in question 2 asking you what position you are applying for.
2. Email your resume/CV and a cover letter articulating why you are a strong fit to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Do not send your resume without completing the formal application as it will not be considered.
3. Following a successful application, the interview process consists of a minimum of two interview rounds.
Appendix on Sameer Somal, CFA
Sameer Somal is the CEO & Co-Founder of Blue Ocean Global Technology. He is a frequent speaker at conferences on digital transformation, online reputation management, search engine optimization, relationship capital and ethics. Fundamental to his work at Blue Ocean Global Technology, Sameer leads collaboration with an exclusive group of PR, Law, Digital Marketing, and Web-Development agency partners. He helps clients build, monitor and repair their digital presence. Sameer is a published writer and Internet Defamation subject matter expert witness. In collaboration with the Philadelphia Bar Foundation, he authors continuing legal education (CLE) programs and is a member of the Legal Marketing Association (LMA) 2030 Task Force. Sameer proudly serves on the board of the CFA Institute Seminar for Global Investors, College Possible and Girl Power Talk. Sameer was named an Iconic Leader Creating a Better World for All by the All Ladies League & Women Economic Forum and is an active member of the Society of International Business Fellows (SIBF). Sameer was named an Iconic Leader Creating a Better World for All by the All Ladies League & Women Economic Forum and is a 2020 Business Elite “40 under 40” recipient.
Sample articles published with CFA Institute’s Enterprising Investor:
- Why People Drive Artificial Intelligence Today and Tomorrow
- Networking in the Age of Social Distancing: Seven Timeless Strategies
- Seven Reasons India Is Primed for Growth
- Digital Reputation Management 101
- The Intangibles of Having Your Own Firm
- Five Reasons to Start Your Own Firm and Four Steps to Take to Do It
Recent CFA Institute Society speaking engagements include VBA Netherlands, Virginia, Orange County, Calgary, Louisville, Nebraska, Americas SLC (San Jose, CA), Cayman Islands, South Florida, Naples, Edmonton, Vietnam, Mexico City, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Pittsburgh, Vermont, Bangladesh, Tennessee and India. A blog article from the CFA Society of Chicago following Sameer’s networking program delivery in 2019.
Sample videos published related to CFA Institute
- CFAInstitute: Why We Volunteer | Sameer Somal
- CFA Program Success – 10 Timeless Tips For the CFA Charterholder Exams | Sameer Somal, CFA.
- How to Pass the CFA Level 1 | Exam Tips from Sameer Somal
- CFA Exams | Why We Love CFA Institute
One opportunity can change the course of your life. For successful candidates, this will that opportunity.
More searches like this
- C-Suite Level Management Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors