Manager / Senior Manager
India Ratings & Research (Ind-Ra) is India's Most Respected rating agency committed to providing the India's credit markets with accurate, timely and prospective credit opinions. Built on a foundation of independent thinking, rigorous analytics, and an open & balanced approach towards credit research, Ind-Ra has grown rapidly during the past decade gaining significant market presence in India's fixed income market.
Reporting Lines: Associate Director / Director
- Responsible for developing and executing target driven marketing strategy for the Mid Corporate-BRM Group for businesses
- Raising the profile of the India Ratings brand through consistent marketing to bankers, investors, sponsors and infrastructure funds.
- Management of existing issuer relationships and origination of new issuer/product mandates.
- In charge of fee negotiations for both existing and new mandates.
- Working closely with the analytical teams.
- From the outset the individual will enjoy a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, with excellent opportunities for self and career development. The role involves travel.
- Understanding of debt capital markets as well as a general understanding of corporate credit analysis.
Technical Skills & Experience
Existing clients for new products or products for which other than Ind-Ra agency is being used by clients. The parameters for selection of clients would require a base case study of the profile including financials of the target clients.
- Preparation of Marketing Material: Clients from different industries need different type of inputs on different sectors ranging from manufacturing to metals to banking.
- High Level Client Interaction: Typically the business development interaction is at CFO or CEO level. Hence, the person is required to be well read, intelligent, well mannered, polished and spontaneous. Ability to hold the attention of the senior management personnel and engaging in a meaningful discussion is key job element. Depending on the choice and inclination of the client, sending them appropriate research reports from across the global site will be an integral part of the job.
- Network Interaction: This shall be an integral component of profile to interact with various people within the network. Interaction with the business development vertical as well as product verticals is very important. This shall be an ongoing initiative.
- MIS and Reporting: Since the team is small, MIS and other information reporting shall primarily be driven out of the BD function. The profile requires maintaining an up-to-date meeting minutes, mandates won, fees received etc. The function does have a centralized support for tertiary activities.
Qualifications / Prerequisite
- Require 6-10 years of Business Development Experience.
- Experience in selling financial services to Mid-sized corporates
- Well networked
- Should know the local language (optional)
Knowledge and Expertise: Strong marketing, negotiation skills are a pre-requisite.
Management: The function is quite challenging. It requires high self-drive and motivation with persistence to achieve high targets.
Communication: Excellent communication skills and should be able to communicate at senior management level. Good interpersonal skills.
Quality Service: Ability to manage own time in the most optimal manner Self-starter with strong focus on revenue generation.