Analyst / Senior Analyst - Public Finance
Department: Public Finance
The Public Finance Credit Analyst conducts detailed analytical research on Public Finance debt issuers and is responsible for an allocated portfolio.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Publish timely, topical and high-quality research on Public Finance issuers contributing to the increasing profile of the agency within the debt capital markets
• Conduct analytical reviews with management teams of rated issuers and make presentations to rating committees, including rating recommendations
• Make logically argued analytical presentations to the management of rated issuers
• Ensure timely reviews/rating actions. Take responsibility for end-to-end completion of the rating process
• Strong financial analytical skills. Ability to undertake thorough analysis of income, balance sheet, cash flow statements, key financial ratios and projections of performance of the entity being rated.
• Undertake peer group/sectoral analysis and comparison; identify the key financial and operational parameters/drivers of credit profile for any given credit/case
• Good knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PPT, Ace Equity and Bloomberg
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to connect at senior management level
• A strong team player with excellent inter-personal skills
• An ability to integrate quickly into an established team and deal with colleagues
Education and Experience:
Post graduate management degree from a premier institute. Prior experience in credit analysis is highly desirable. 3-4 years of experience in credit analysis of entities as state-owned enterprises, public policy institutions, local bodies and state/union government sponsored Special Purpose Vehicles is desirable.