Management Trainee/Junior Research Analyst
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The role comprises working on credit risk assessment of corporate entities spread across multiple sectors and regions.
- The credit assessment process requires the following: Undertaking research and analysis of corporate entities through thorough assessment of its credit strengths and weakness and weighing its business and financial risk profile. Understanding the potential for sovereign support or parent support which would need to be factored into the credit assessments.
- Preparing a detailed credit assessment report and elaborately discuss the company profile and credit risk considerations.
- Preparing a detailed peer analysis on the operating and financial side.
- The task will also involves preparing and updating financial models for the credits which includes analysis of historic trends along with projecting the future performance. Other activities include preparing industry databases and reports.
- Establish and maintain consistent standards and processes in credit analysis through interaction with sector specialists and senior analysts The role may also require training and mentoring junior colleagues on specific aspects of credit risk, sector and domain nuances.
- FUNCTIONAL & BEHAVIOURAL KNOWLEDGE
- Good in financial modelling with fair understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts
- Good understanding of banking regulations, calculation of key credit metrics and capital ratios
- Reasonable understanding of banks internal systems
- Assist in solving complex problems related to financial modeling
- Works within own team and interacts with other related teams
- Communicates with internal & external clients and/or issuers as necessary
TYPICAL SCOPE & IMPACT
- Impacts the quality and effectiveness of own team
MINIMUM & PREFERRED EDUCATION
- Master's degree or equivalent (MBA Finance)
- CA / CFA / FRM / Experienced Graduates
MINIMUM & PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- 0 to 2 years of work experience
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy; Diligence and hard work
- Ability to work under stringent timelines
- Good understanding of MS office products