Analyst – Corporate Team
- Aishwarya Ahire
- Vashi Sector-26, Konkan (IN)
- 6-9 Base pay + (allowance + performance bonus +retirals )
- 09 May 2022
- 08 Jun 2022
- CFA (non-SF)
- Job Function
- Credit Analysis
- Industry Sector
- Credit Rating Agency/Bureau
- CFA Charterholder, CIPM Certificant, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending), Passed CIPM Expert, Passed CIPM Principles
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Analyst – Corporate Team
The Team: DBRS Morningstar – Credit Operations Mumbai Analytics
DBRS Morningstar (DBRSM) is a global credit ratings business with about 800 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the credit ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world. DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology, and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes. DBRS Morningstar rates more than 4,000 issuers and 56,000 securities worldwide, and is driven to bring more clarity, diversity, and responsiveness to the ratings process. Visit https://www.dbrsmorningstar.com/learn/dbrsmorningstar to learn more.
Credit Operations Mumbai Analytics team enables and supports the efficient and effective delivery of credit ratings/information to the market with its specialized skills and assets, consistent frameworks, and economies of scale. We collaborate with DBRSM global stakeholders to build creative, impactful solutions and offer services for the business and the market.
DBRS Morningstar’s Corporate team is looking for a motivated individual with good analytical skills and a desire to learn. This role will provide unique opportunities for learning key aspects of the credit ratings process including in-depth fundamental analysis of Corporate borrowers across multiple industries in support of analysts primarily based in North America. You will be responsible for providing data, research and financial modeling support utilized to produce company and sector specific credit reports that incorporate creative insights and support activities across the ratings value chain. This position is based in our Navi Mumbai office.
- Develop an understanding of and build proficiency in credit analysis Provide support to onshore analytical teams in monitoring news, announcements, or other material events impacting corporate credits Assist in preparing financial models, including, but not limited to, updating financial information, reconciling data, maintain company and peer group historical financial results and credit metrics, etc. Maintain industry data through ongoing research/ review of company filings, presentations, and industry publications Provide research support and help collect, organize, and analyze data from internal and external sources for use in company-specific and industry commentaries and reports authored by the onshore analytical team Reviewing and summarizing credit documents, legal documentation, etc. Assist the onshore analytical teams or senior analysts in preparing credit rating memos, rationales, etc. or parts thereof Track, review and maintain documentation and various operational databases to help support the credit rating process Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Postgraduate in Finance or CA or CFA charter holder or such equivalent qualification Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in capital markets, corporate credit analysis, etc. Fluent in English, with good verbal and written communication skills Good understanding of core finance and accounting concepts Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/ or IFRS accounting rules is strongly desired Strong attention to detail and accuracy Highly motivated, self-starter who is keen to learn, has a positive attitude and a strong work ethic Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and deliver results in a timely manner Good inter-personal skills and ability to participate/ contribute as a team player
DBRS Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.