Analyst, Credit Ratings (Structured Finance Analysis)
- Aishwarya Ahire
- Vashi, Navi Mumbai
- 6-9 Base pay + (allowance + performance bonus +retirals )
- 09 May 2022
- 08 Jun 2022
- CFA (SF)
- Job Function
- Credit Analysis, Structured Products
- Industry Sector
- Credit Rating Agency/Bureau
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Structured Finance (SF) Analyst (Navi Mumbai)
The Team: DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business with about 800 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the credit ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world. DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology, and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes. DBRS Morningstar rates more than 4,000 issuers and 56,000 securities worldwide, and is driven to bring more clarity, diversity, and responsiveness to the ratings process. Visit https://www.dbrsmorningstar.com/learn/dbrsmorningstar to learn more.
About the Role: DBRS Morningstar Structured Finance team is looking for candidate with good problem-solving skills and analytical thinking in the securitization space with experience in the credit rating process and basic understanding of SQL/VBA. Knowledge of Python is a plus. This role will provide unique opportunities for mastering the key aspects of the credit ratings business including in-depth collateral and deal analysis. This position is based in our Navi Mumbai office.
- Analyze the credit risk in ABS, RMBS, CMBS and Structured Credit securities by performing tasks that include modeling cash flows, reviewing deal documents, investigating periodic data, setting up net cashflow templates. Assist the primary analyst in preparing rating committee note, rationale and building and maintaining various databases relating to mortgages Collect, organize, and study data from internal and external sources for use in criteria development, ratings, and research reports. Compile and prepare periodic portfolio reports for use by senior staff and identify material changes for research causes. Maintain regular and open communication with the operations team and technology team about assigned tasks, priorities and ensure applications under development meet the defined requirements and pass the user acceptance testing prior to its release. Take ownership of the tasks with focus on quality and accuracy of the deliverables Demonstrate strong learning curve and eagerness to move up the rating value chain Ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures. Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Postgraduate in Finance or CA or CFA charter holder or such equivalent qualification Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in capital markets, structured finance credit analysis, experience at a rating agency is a plus. Expertise on Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), MSSQL. Knowledge on Python is a plus Excellent writing, communication, and quantitative/analytical skills. Ability to communicate analytical thoughts in a crisp, concise, and precise manner Creative thinker who is adept at taking an analytical approach to problem solving. Experience with REIS, Intex, and Bloomberg is a plus. Robust quantitative and analytical skills supported by strong attention to detail and accuracy Good inter-personal skills and ability to participate/ contribute as a team player Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.