Head – Equity Research
Spark Family Office and Investment Advisors (India) Private Limited, or Spark Private Wealth (SFO), is a subsidiary of Spark Capital Advisors (India) Limited (SCA). We extend the core DNA of Spark Capital - Knowledge, Integrity, Trust & Transparency - to help Affluent Families, Business Owners / Promoters, Family Offices, New Age Entrepreneurs and CXOs to navigate a world full of opportunities and risks.
We offer products and services designed to help them seamlessly create, preserve and transition their wealth across generations. Our offerings are backed with a robust Investment Policy Framework which is backed by best-in-class research and superior execution to pick future winners well ahead of our competition.
SFO is a member of the NSE and BSE, offering equity broking and DP services (through CDSL DP licence held by SCA) and a PMS provider, offering discretionary (D-PMS), non-discretionary (ND-PMS), Advisory-PMS.
Head – Equity Research
The Head of Equity Research (HoER) will work to provide direction and outline activities to identify investment opportunities for clients of SFO as also providing continuous coverage on investments recommended to clients of SFO.
SFO currently advices / recommends its clients on ideas from:
- Listed Equities for building a standalone direct equities portfolio or as part of a multi-asset class portfolio
- Mutual Funds for building a multi-asset class portfolio
- Unlisted Securities (Both Equities and Structured / Standard Debt papers) for better Alpha in a multi-asset class portfolio or as a standalone investment strategy focussed on such alternates
- REITs and Gold-related products that might be useful in a multi-asset class portfolio
- Other Third-Party Managed Products like Private Equity / VC / Debt / Long-Short Equity / Quant Equity AIFs and PMS’ in a multi-asset class portfolio
SFO leverages on SCA’s institutional equities research spanning over 250+ stocks and intends utilising other similar institutional equities research offerings from peers for its PMS offerings.
SFO’s research team’s mandate therefore would be:
- Ideate on stocks and REITs outside SCA’s coverage for use by broking and ND-PMS / Advisory-PMS clients as also by the team managing D-PMS offerings.
- Deliver analytics, portfolio strategy and model portfolios based on the same, covering MFs, ETFs and stocks for use by distribution and ND-PMS / Advisory-PMS clients as also by the team managing D-PMS offerings
- Provide research cover on unlisted securities deals that the team backs for use by all clients of SFO
- Provide value-added inputs and analysis on Gold-related products and other third-party managed products for use by SFO’s products and sales team in distributing these products
HoER will be responsible for planning, directing and presenting analysis to demonstrate and enhance the value of our research ideas to existing and prospective clients.
This position will take an active role to lead a team of research analysts and set the tone for their performance and growth. The incumbent will also evaluate and perform periodic performance reviews of staff, helping to identify and plan for any need for training.
- Serve as Playing Captain – Cover ideas / stocks and be the “Strategist” for SFO
- Managing and developing a team of research analysts
- Oversee day-to-day activities of the team to deliver actionable research output with great depth and accuracy
- Serve as subject matter expert in equities asset class Lead and execute research related projects Participate in and contribute during client meetings and conference calls, as needed. Engage with clients, sales and product teams to identify, from time-to-time, research focus areas Oversee & guide the team on MF analytics and debt research
Ideal Personal Attributes Desired
- 35-40 years - CA, MBA and/or CFA with strong research background across all disciplines: Fundamental, Technical and Quantitative
- Must know how stock picking is done and write research reports
- Must have 10-15 years of experience on the buy-side or sell-side with leadership skills
- Maturity to handle public appearances for promoting the organisation’s views, with possibly an history of blogging or posting well-received thematic thoughts on financial social media
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have an expertise and a strong drive for preparing presentation quality research and summaries. Spark research is invariable in a ppt format.
- Successful small and mid-cap analysts from institutional equity houses with the right drive and skill sets, wanting to make a career as a HOER will also be considered
- Work from either Mumbai, Chennai or Bengaluru
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Equities Research: Sell Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Institutional Sales Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters