IIFL Asset Management is a part of the IIFL Investment Managers group. IIFL Asset Management is an India-focused, global asset management firm. Our differentiated products enable sophisticated investors across the world to participate in India’s unique growth story. We understand the nuances that define India’s demography and demand. A disciplined and active management approach allows us to tap into India’s potential as a unique asset class for longterm growth. Our deep insights of the India story enable us to create investment strategies that generate sustainable risk-adjusted returns.
At IIFL Asset Management, we focus on high-conviction investment ideas. Co-investing alongside our investors helps us align our investment strategies with our investor's interests. Not surprisingly, world-class FIIs, and leading HNIs trust us with their money.
Discerning high net worth (HNI) and ultra high net worth (UHNI) investors, family offices and institutions trust the IIFL Asset Management platform to deploy rigorous, research-led strategies that deliver on commitments. We focus on a long-term view with robust financial due diligence to achieve the goals of capital preservation and consistent topquartile performance across market cycles.
IIFL Asset Management offers dual capabilities in onshore and offshore asset management. Our diversified suite of mutual funds, alternative investment funds and venture capital funds span public and private equities, fixed income securities and real estate. Our distinctive products bring out the entrepreneurial edge, agility and speed of execution of a boutique asset management business, while providing gold standards of corporate governance of a large corporation with a long-term focus.
Simply put, a principled approach to asset management forms the bedrock of our philosophy.
IIFL AMC has built and is continuing development on a quantitative analysis and investment framework.
- The position offers the opportunity to apply global quantitative research as well as innovate in the Indian context. The AMC has also built automation and quant systems that support the research and investment process of the discretionary investment team. The position includes responsibility to help maintain and to continue to build this system
- Study and implement published quantitative research using our proprietary back-testing system
- Support the quant investment fund manager in day-to-day fund management activity, including generating trades for the day, manage portfolio rebalances, etc.
- Ensure timeliness and coherence of data supporting the quant investment infrastructure
- Help fulfil data and analysis requests from the discretionary investment team as well as the products team
- Help build features for the automated support systems
Preferred Candidate Profile:
- Python + SQL • Fluency with MS Excel
- Basic clarity on statistical concepts such as means/medians, standard deviations, sharpe ratios, etc.
- Basic understanding of financial statements and ratios
- Familiarity with markets and investing
- Meticulousness and eye for detail
The ideal candidate has cleared at least the CFA Level II exam, has working experience with Excel and decent understanding of programming, especially in Python. Has about 3 years of actual industry experience (either in investing or in analytics with projects supporting investment/accounting projects)