Associate Quantitative Analyst – New Product Development – Morningstar Indexes
Position: Associate Quantitative Analyst – New Product Development – Morningstar Indexes
The Area: Morningstar Indexes Team leverages its expertise in equity research, manager research, asset allocation, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions. It uses Morningstar’s intellectual property to create indexes that empower investors to achieve their goals at every stage of the investment process - market monitoring, benchmarking, and asset allocation. The unit offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity and asset allocation indexes.
The Role: As a part of the Indexes New Product Development Team, you will participate in the full development cycle including ideation, design, development, presentations to global research team and clients, leading up to implementation. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, good communication skills and will be technically proficient with at least one programming language (Python or R) in addition to SQL. This position is based in our Navi Mumbai office.
The successful candidate will
- Participate in building next generation of Benchmark Indexes across asset classes across Equity and Fixed Income asset classes.
- Be responsible for validation, curation and analysis of underlying data to support methodology development of Benchmark Indexes.
- Collaborate effectively with Morningstar research organization including equity, quantitative, manager or sustainability research teams, and product management to develop novel thematic and smart beta indexes that leverage Morningstar IP.
- Work on the entire product development lifecycle from ideation, design, development, leading up to launch.
- Work closely with other index teams to operationalize index methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative/engineering/mathematics/ statistics disciplines.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python or R).
- Proficiency in working with large, complex tables under Postgres, SQL Server.
- Understanding of basic financial ratios, modern portfolio theory, and portfolio construction processes is desirable but not necessary.
- Excellent documentation habits, oral and written communication and presentation skills including ability to distil complex ideas into simple explanations.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer