Associate - Access to Finance
- Coordinate with stakeholders to develop a ground-level understanding of credit needs of enterprises as well as their end users; engage with DRE organizations to understand the impacts of policy announcements and regulations. Synthesise information from the above and develop recommendations particularly related to the financing needs and addressing the risk perception within the DRE sector.
- Engage with Investors and Financial Institutions - Banks, MFIs, NBFCs, Corporate CSR funds, impact investors - to understand barriers and enablers for smoother flow of investment and debt to DRE entrepreneurs as well as credit to end-users.
- Conduct financial analysis using both primary and secondary data, sourced from various existing government/non-government data sources and DRE organizations to contribute towards evidence based policy planning and developing novel structures to facilitate capital flow through blended finance approaches.
- Regularly review and critically analyse flow of investments, both domestic and international as well as budgetary allocations to the DRE sector at both the national and state levels.
- Develop a strong understanding of the linkages between energy access provision and other satellite spheres of impact such as livelihoods, agriculture, health and education to enable cross-utilization of funds.
- Engage actively with relevant Ministries, apex banking institutions, leading micro-credit agencies, investors, debt funds and Government institutions to represent the needs of the off-grid sector; advocate for creation of relevant schemes and pilot mechanisms that can support credit flow into the sector.
- Regular written outputs in the form of papers, reports, policy briefs, as well as articles in other newspapers and online media.
Core Competencies and Requirements:
- Masters in Economics/Finance/Management or related subject areas. CFA charterholders are encouraged to apply.
- At least 2 years of work experience in banking & finance/micro credit/financial management preferably in the energy or development sectors, in roles involving understanding and engagement with various stakeholders in the financial value chain.
- Highly motivated, responsible, self-directed, resourceful and flexible; ability to multi-task and work in tandem with the team towards achieving larger objectives
- Interest in energy access and ability to integrate issues across a range of related areas and engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Good written, communication and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Willingness to travel for 4-6 days in a month, including rural locations
- Strong working knowledge of English and spoken Hindi; Additionally, knowledge of other regional languages is desirable
Position to be Filled By- end September/mid October 2021
Reports To: Assistant Manager - Access to Finance
Salary will be commensurate with experience/qualifications, industry standards and in line with the organizational structure. Those interested, please apply with your CV and a cover letter articulating your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job title in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates based on their age, gender, caste, origin or colour.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Finance - General Full Time jobs in Masters
- Economics Finance - General Full Time jobs in Masters
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Finance - General Full Time jobs in Masters
- Management Consulting Finance - General Full Time jobs in Masters
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Finance - General Full Time jobs in Masters