Job Title: Research Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Currently this is a remote/work from home position; however, there will be an expectation to work in the office in the future.
About Us: Legato Capital Management, LLC develops multi-manager equity portfolios over a broad range of domestic and international benchmarks, and full range of cap sizes. Legato focuses exclusively on providing asset management and industry-leading client service to some of the largest institutions globally. The Company is currently looking for a Research Analyst who will be responsible for several functions related to investment manager due diligence and investment portfolio construction.
About the Role:
- Perform manager due diligence, compare investment strategies, and support idea generation.
- Evaluate manager compliance programs and investment operations infrastructure.
- Conduct asset allocation analysis, and provide assessments and recommendations concerning adding, retaining, replacing, or terminating managers based upon independent judgment.
- Analyze performance attribution and risk reports using FactSet and other software programs, in review of client and sub-manager investment portfolio performance and investment portfolio characteristics.
- Provide implementation support during portfolio transitions, working closely with custodians, investment managers, clients, and transition managers.
- Assist in the preparation and review of monthly and quarterly client reports.
- Assist in the areas of compliance and operations.
- Participate in the ongoing development and refinement of the firm’s analytical systems and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Emphasis in finance, mathematics, computer science and/or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of business experience at investment management or industry-related organizations.
- Experience with investment manager due diligence, portfolio performance measurement, and attribution analysis.
- A strong understanding of compliance, operations, and client reporting is highly desirable.
- Significant experience in the manager-of-managers investment universe is a plus.
- Familiarity with FactSet, Axioma, Advent, Microsoft Lists, Power BI, and SharePoint is preferred.
- Familiarity with databases, software development, and project management are highly desirable.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401k
- Employer paid parental leave
- Employer paid sabbatical leave
- Paid Time Off
- Education opportunities
- Company sponsored events
Ready to Apply? If this job sounds like a fit for you, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find more about our firm, visit http://legatocm.com
Legato Capital Management, LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.