The Data Engineer position will be based in Mumbai and be part of the Portfolio Analytics team. He / She will collaborate closely with senior researchers to design and develop a large-scale data lake. We are seeking candidates who have excelled in engineering specifically computer science. Prior experience in investments and finance is beneficial but not mandatory.
This role is ideal for candidates who are passionate about technology and excited about building a data platform.
- Design an architecture of a data platform.
- Design data pipelines based on business and functional requirements.
- Extract, transform and load logic to automate data collection and manage data processes / pipelines including data quality and monitoring.
- Develop data access tools to allow researchers to access data seamlessly.
- Develop integration tools and analytical reports for the databases and data warehouse.
- Write and review technical documents, including requirements and design documents for existing and future data systems, as well as data standards and policies.
- Collaborate with analysts, support/system engineers, and business stakeholders to ensure data infrastructure meets constantly evolving requirements.
- B.E., B. Tech., M. Tech., or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline from a top tier institute.
- 2+ years direct experience working as a data engineer.
- Experience in design, architecture and implementation of data lake, data pipelines and flows.
- Experience with developing software code and API in one or more languages such as Python and C#.
- Experience designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems with one or more technologies such as MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Teradata, or MicroStrategy.
- A high-level understanding of automation in a cloud environment: AWS experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills