Senior Quantitative Analyst
5 days left
The Area: Morningstar Indexes Team leverages its expertise in equity research, manager research, asset allocation, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions. It uses Morningstar`s intellectual property to create indexes that empower investors to achieve their goals at every stage of the investment process - market monitoring, benchmarking, and asset allocation. The unit offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity and asset allocation indexes.
The Role: Morningstar Indexes seeks an intelligent and creative professional for its Index Management and Analytics team. The primary function of the team is to maintain Morningstar indexes across asset classes, periodic methodology enhancements and provide research and analytics for client support. The team is also responsible for handling complex corporate events, regulatory compliance, and production automation. We are looking for a team member with basic knowledge of financial markets, statistical packages, data analytics or decision science. This position will be located in Vashi, Navi Mumbai (India).
- End-to-end ownership of index methodology and index reconstitution/rebalancing processes across asset class
- Be a subject matter expert on Index construction methodologies along their investment thesis and propose enhancements to the methodology
- Maintain Equity Universe and Management process of combining, normalizing, QA’ing, correcting and finalizing data such as Fundamental Data, Total Outstanding Shares, Float, Security Type, Country of Incorporation, etc.
- Ensure accurate, timely interpretation and treatment of complex corporate actions per rulebooks, and general adherence to stated methodologies. Also, work with the calculation agent for the timely and accurate implementation of corporate actions
- Ensure accurate and timely calculation of index levels and daily portfolios. Also, manage the restatement of indexes in case of any data issues and communicate to the clients.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the client request on the index Analytics, index methodology and the reconstitution processes.
- Clearly and thoroughly communicate with internal and external clients, calculation agents, and data/service providers regarding index methodology, data and portfolio compositions, sales and client inquiries, and issue resolution
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams to continually identify and implement process improvements, reduce external data dependencies, support new product development, and establish standard operating procedures
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Management etc. and a strong interest in Finance
- Some progress towards CFA is mandatory
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable with basics of MS office, SQL and Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with the global team and deliver quality outcomes under tight deadlines
- The candidate should exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in, and acceptance of Morningstar’s core values
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
More searches like this
- Banking Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Brokerage Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors