CFA Society India is looking for a research intern for one of its advocacy related projects.
The project's objective is as follows:
- Study the efficacy of Indian Credit Rating Agencies as compared to international counterparts when it comes to rating of Corporate Debt.
- How does the market react to rating changes?
- How reliable is the pricing methodology of credit Rating Agencies in India?
- How does this reliance affect the end returns earned by investors in Mutual Funds and Insurance companies?
The intern will be required to conduct primary and secondary research on India's credit markets. The scope of research includes but is not limited to the following:
- Understand the methodology of Credit Rating and how this information is processed by the market
- How is Credit Rating information processed in the Debt Markets?
- How do credit ratings affect banks?
- Analyzing corporate bond holdings of Mutual Funds
- Analyzing corporate bond holdings of Insurance Companies
Further details about the project, its objective and scope are available in the attached document.
Ideally the applicant should be a CFA Program Candidate having interest in volunteering for Advocacy related activities. While there will be no remuneration provided, we will provide recognition in the research as well as issue a commendation letter, if performance is satisfactory.
The internship shall be for an initial period of 3 months.