Alpha Alternatives – Quant – Head of Algorithmic Trade Execution
Alpha Alternatives is a multi-asset class alternatives asset management platform based out of India and Singapore, with over 2500cr of assets under management, and deep focus on alpha generation. We operate across various alternative spaces like Commodities, Equities, Absolute Returns, Structured Credit and Quant. Our products span across various investment structures such as AIF, PMS, NBFC and FPI.
Opportunity to join a fast growing mid-frequency Quant hedge fund platform, as a core team member. We are looking for a passionate individual to drive our Algorithmic Trade Execution desk, who can run our entire end-to-end plumbing: from aggregating signals from multiple strategies, integrating data feeds, choosing optimal execution algos, placing orders via APIs/direct to co-lo, to live trade monitoring and post-trade analytics.
- 5-10 years of experience in quantitative trading and execution at investment banks/broking firms/prop trading firms/hedge funds
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with various trade execution algos, understanding of various order types, and experience with both automated and manual execution
- Experience of working with algo-trading solutions such as Omnesys/ Greek/ Symphony/ Odin/ NEST, and a strong understanding of technology & API connectivity
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues, handle OMS & RMS, live monitoring & reconciliation of positions, interact with brokers and production team to seamlessly manage and monitor the strategies, and take new strategies into live trading environment
- Strong understanding of post trade analytics - analyzing slippages and impact costs/ transaction cost analysis, and continuously finding ways to improve PnL
- Solid understanding of market data, handling data feeds and managing adjustments (including for corporate events), and upgrade our database
- Experience in database management and design/architectures, and working knowledge of SQL/other databases
- Ideal candidate will have a strong base in technology with good programming skills. Proficiency in either python or C/C++/C# is desirable.
- Entrepreneurial bent of mind and ability to find out-of-the-box solutions are highly valued
- Very strong automation and process driven person
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team player and able to work in a small entrepreneurial setup
Salary will be discussed individually with the selected candidates. Compensation will have significant element of performance linked bonuses, and possibility of long-term value creation.