We are the pioneering player in the FinTech industry in India in the institutional credit space. We have created a one of a kind online marketplace for institutional credit ‘CredAvenue’, bringing together issuers and lenders, while also participating in the marketplace through their own balance sheet. Within a short span of two years, CredAvenue has gained immense traction and boasts of multiple clients across sectors, 120+ investors across multiple segments and a high volume of credit deal closures. To read about the latest numbers we have clocked, please visit www.credavenue.com.
We are backed by two of the leading global Private Equity firms and have also been successful in attracting high quality talent from some of the leading companies and universities globally. With the fundamentals in place, we are now gearing up for our next phase of high growth, and we are further building up our team to take the company to the next level.
About the team and role
The capital markets team is responsible for bringing investors on board. You will raise funds from various investors based on client specific needs, structure deals and ensure deal closure. Specifically, the role will entail actively prospecting risk appetite from banks, NBFCs, credit funds, private wealth and mutual fund investors, to raise debt for large and mid corporate clients across sectors, for structured finance products, term loans, bonds, working capital and other structured products.
- Identify investors, originate fundraising process from various investors and onboard them
- Drive legal negotiation/documentation with funding counterparties alongside counsel
- Run the marketing process for individual deals on the platform and more holistically for the company from a capital market perspective by creating investor artefacts, engaging in webinars, investor events, etc
- Manage existing and potential investor relationships, both impact and commercial
- Partner cross-functionally with our Product, Legal and Risk teams to design products specific to situations, understand Credit profile of clients to pitch bespoke deals to investors - close deals and optimize tactics as it relates to capital markets
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of information before sharing with investors
Desired Skills and Experience
Possess 5-10 years of relevant experience in financial services, i.e. debt capital markets / structured credit / lending to financial institutions / selling financial products. An MBA in finance would be an advantage. We are looking for candidates with an expertise in dealing with large banks (public and private) as investors. Offshore fundraise experience will be an advantage.
- Be brilliant with numbers, analysing financial statements, interpreting data and solving problems at the same time be able to
- Build business relationships, talk to various levels of an organisation (CXOs to analysts)
- Demonstrate high level of analytical skills; judge situations and think on feet
- Present / articulate / position an idea compellingly
- Have demonstrated resilience – stayed with companies and taking businesses to scale, have definitely not ‘hopped jobs’
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work in a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Work Environment Details:
- An opportunity to play a formative role in an ambitious financial services marketplace spanning investment banking, debt
- capital markets, institutional finance, retail lending and asset management
- A journey that will challenge and reward you in a manner few others will