Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst
About Ecoforge Advisors
Ecoforge Advisors is an advisory and consulting services firm focused on clean energy, energy efficiency, electric mobility, ESG, sustainability, and climate finance. We are based in Bangalore, India and operate through a network of partner firms and consultants based in other locations. Clients of Ecoforge Advisors include green/impact asset managers, large institutional investors including insurance companies and pension funds, private equity funds, multilateral and bilateral development banks, commercial banks/financial institutions, industry associations, UN agencies, project developers and service providers.
Ecoforge Advisors has recently signed an agreement with a large European financial services provider/institutional investor to provide business analysis and advisory support for their proposed Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG)-compliant investment fund.
About our Client
Our client is a well-established global organization based in the UK, with a long history and strong brand recognition in financial services industry. The organization is digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for their customers. At the same time, the organization recognizes the importance of ESG frameworks and risks applied to investments and financial services worldwide, particularly in the wake of Covid-19. The organization intends to play a key role in addressing climate change, social change and corporate responsibility through its ESG-compliant and responsible investments, aiding a green and sustainable global economic recovery.
About the Role
To support our client in their vision, we, at Ecoforge Advisors, are looking to hire upto 4 exceptional professionals who are passionate about ESG-compliant responsible investments, climate change, impact investments and also understand the role of digital transformation, data analytics, Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in catalysing such investments.
We, at Ecoforge Advisors, as well as our client know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks.
The role is to work with our client’s Investment (Technology) team as ESG Senior Business Analyst/Business Analyst, allocated to a multi-disciplinary squad aligned to ESG and responsible investments-specific capability. The focus of this role will predominantly involve working with our client’s fund managers, research analysts (ESG and otherwise) across asset classes, as well our client’s engineering/technology development teams. There is a need to bring ESG-specific knowledge and expertise (ESG risks and performance, environmental and socio-economic sustainability, governance challenges, climate change) to our client, identify sustainability-specific system thinking, process change and technology enablement opportunities in order to allow our client to scale its ESG and capital markets research capability globally. Working with fund/investment management teams of our client will be a fundamental part of this role, and the key stakeholder teams would include research analysts, ESG analysts, portfolio managers and client directors.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of ESG/sustainability/climate change/governance frameworks and risks from a fund/investment management standpoint, product and business strategy and lead large and/or complex analysis initiatives impacting one or more teams
- Collect user requirements and data, prepare Business Requirement Documents (BRD), conduct data analytics and build data models, analyse and validate requirements and changes requested by investment managers, research analysts, technology product managers and client directors/business managers.
- Collaborative problem solving and stakeholder management by carefully weighing up options and involving appropriate individuals in making complex decisions collaboratively
- Clearly identify and state problems, perform logical, structured and detailed analysis to capture a range of internal and external factors, and take into account any gaps between existing and target systems and processes
- Carry out effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and drive agreements for a desired future state addressing the business problems, end-user buy in and strategic enterprise objectives
- Take full responsibility of identifying and resolving problems, risks and bottlenecks and be seen as highly competent and as a go-to person by all stakeholders for using techniques to carry out analysis such as business process flows, workflows, wireframes, story maps etc. in order to translate user needs and articulate functional and non-functional requirements
- Check their assumptions, question people when unsure of matters, challenge high level solution assumptions and analyse data from a variety of sources, sifting key information from the trivial
- Create and present compelling business cases to justify the value of solutions and gain appropriate approval, funding and prioritisation
- Set the direction and help others to use the standards and tools (for example, JIRA, VISIO, ProcessFlows, etc.)
- Become an ESG and research/analysis technology Subject Matter Expert (SME) and use the knowledge to facilitate conferences within and outside of the firm
- Develop a good understanding of Agile frameworks, methodologies and tools and develop an ability to work with the Scrum team and promote collaboration to analyse and define high-level Epics and Stories
Ideal Candidate Profile
The role is ideal for someone with about 4-5 years (Senior Business Analyst)/2-3 years (Business Analyst) of overall work experience in ESG, responsible investments, investment management or investment research AND some experience in usage of technology tools/data analytics/digital transformation in financial services/investment management industry. Knowledge of and work experience in ESG principles/frameworks, IFC Performance Standards, clean energy/sustainability/responsible investments, agile development, program/product management is required. An MBA or a Masters degree in Finance/Management or CFA or similar degrees is required, ideally with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Candidates with relevant Bachelors degrees and 5-6 years of relevant work experience may also apply.
Candidate should be able to build robust analytics and data models, possess excellent spoken and written communication in English, and possess strong problem-solving, interpersonal and people management skills, apart from strong analytical and negotiation skills. Ability to work in international teams as well as independently will be essential. Demonstrated ability to work in teams and with clients and partners of various nationalities will be a key attribute. The candidate should be a self-starter, keen learner and adaptable.
How to Apply?
Please send us your CV with a short cover letter describing your suitability to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th February 2021. Applications without cover letters will be rejected without consideration.
Candidates will be shortlisted on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled, so we will close the application process if we find the right candidates earlier than this deadline.