7 days left
This role will be responsible for leading the initial and ongoing due diligence and financial analyses of investment opportunities for the Prospect Mining Studio, which includes sourcing and engaging prospective startups, interacting with Prospect’s advisor network for expert feedback, and presenting findings to Prospect leadership for go/no-go investment decisions. This will be an India-based position with the majority of work being remote and requiring work day flexibility to accommodate time zones among the Prospect team. Access to Vimson’s offices in Goa, Mumbai, New Delhi and Bangalore will be provided as needed.
- 1 to 4 years of relevant experience investment-related career
-Work experience in Investment Banks, PE Funds, KPO units of Global Banks/ Consultancy firms preferred
-Strong analytical and modeling skills
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate investment opportunities to determine strategic fit within Prospect Mining Studio’s focus areas and investment thesis
- Perform technical, competitive and financial due diligence
- Support preparation of investment memos and presentations to communicate investment opportunities to the Prospect Mining Studio leadership team
- Build and maintaining investment deal flow database
- Continue to drive improvements in the due diligence process within the Studio
- You are interested to explore how the mining industry can leverage technology and make strategic investments to grow, prototype ideas, and think differently.
- You are highly entrepreneurial, an independent thinker, and can lead an initiative autonomously.
- A creative strategist with a strong understanding of investment principles.
- You are action-oriented and are happy to pitch in to help our nimble team achieve collective strategic investment goals.
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements – Start-up experience is a plus.
- You have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, and customer relationship-building skills that span across multiple levels of management.
- You are goal-oriented, ambitious, and self-motivated with an attention to detail.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree demonstrating top performance
- CFA or candidature
- 2 or more years of investment banking, corporate finance, equity research, venture capital or private equity experience
- Experience working in the manufacturing/supply chain, mining or natural resource industries a plus
- Ability to create/navigate term sheets and other documents associated with investment opportunities
- Ability to perform under pressure and provide timely solutions
For those interested in applying for this role, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Prospect Mining Studio:
Formed in 2019, Prospect Mining Studio, a partnership between the Vimson Group and Newlab, supports startups of all stages, forward-thinking innovators and prominent researchers as they build, pilot and scale frontier technologies that will advance the natural resource and mining industries with a focus on sustainable and socially responsible solutions. Each 12-month program cycle brings together startups, entrepreneurs, mining industry experts, venture partners and leading academics from across the globe to define challenges, prototype rapidly, and implement pilots at mining sites, all while building efficiencies, measuring impact and disrupting the status quo. Prospect Mining Studio is the only initiative of its kind globally, and aims to create a platform to enable the $1+ trillion mining industry to improve and evolve with the integration of frontier technology.
Founded over 70 years ago the Vimson Group is an Indian conglomerate with successful ventures in Mining, Trading, Financial Services, and Real Estate Development and also runs significant philanthropic initiatives in Healthcare and Sports. Vimson owns and operates one of India’s oldest iron ore mining companies, transforming natural resources into prosperity for the entire community. Vimson’s operations comprise an integrated value chain that includes exploration, excavation, ore screening and processing, and multi-modal transportation.
Newlab supports entrepreneurs who are defining the future of technology and human experience. Based in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, New Lab provides the tools and community that unite and support 750+ innovative entrepreneurs, designers, and engineers representing over 150 companies in a variety of fields—including robotics, A.I., urban technology, and energy—and fosters collaboration and advancement across disciplines.