Professional - Credit Research
The role is a part of the Fixed Income team which supports several multi-billion-dollar asset managers across the globe. The candidate is required to have a fair understanding of credit fundamentals with strong verbal faculties to interact with on-shore analysts and portfolio managers, if required.
The KRA of the role is to analyse relevant data/companies in an efficient and time-bound manner while working in a real-time delivery environment. He/She should be adept in data extraction, analysis and valuation for the said asset class.
- Analyzing companies via financial analysis, evaluation of industry positioning, assessment of management and strategy, among other factors.
- Keep track of relevant news for the portfolio and analyse potential impact.
- Working alongside senior analysts to perform ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio positions and key credits and communicating updates in a timely fashion (orally and in writing) to team members across the globe.
- Building and maintaining financial models (historical and forecasts) and other investment related infrastructure that supports our credit recommendations and investments across sectors.
- Assessing the relative value of investment opportunities by interpreting risk-reward parameters, legal and capital structures, bond covenants, market drivers and the value of available alternatives.
- Works well under pressure – must be able to remain calm and focused while multi-tasking in a fast-paced, unstructured and dynamic work environment.
- Team oriented/strong communication – must be able to work with people of diverse skills and personalities towards a common goal of effectively managing large portfolios.
- MBA Finance from premier institute/CFA/CA or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in credit evaluation fixed income products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Database usage experience – Bloomberg, Capital IQ.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently is preferred