Senior Quantitative Analyst – New Product Development – Morningstar Indexes
The Area: Morningstar Indexes Team leverages its expertise in equity research, manager research, asset allocation, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions. It uses Morningstar’s intellectual property to create indexes that empower investors to achieve their goals at every stage of the investment process - market monitoring, benchmarking, and asset allocation. The unit offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity and asset allocation indexes.
The Role: As a part of the New Product Development Team, you will participate in the full development cycle including ideation, design, development, presentations to global research team and clients, leading up to implementation. The ideal candidate will have a good grasp of investment concepts, possess strong analytical skills, good communication skills and will be technically proficient with at least one programming language (Python, R or MATLAB) in addition to SQL. This position is based in our Navi Mumbai office.
The successful candidate will
- Collaborate effectively with Morningstar research organization including equity, quantitative, manager or sustainability research teams, and product management to develop novel thematic and smart beta indexes that leverage Morningstar IP.
- Work on the entire product development lifecycle from ideation, design, development, and validation, leading up to launch.
- Work closely with other index teams to operationalize index methodologies.
- Develop new tools and capabilities to perform portfolio construction or analytics independently, including the use of statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Publish white papers, factsheets, client presentations, and other collateral to support go-to-market plans.
- At least 3 years of experience in a quantitative or financial domain such as equity research, credit research, investment management, risk management, or analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, financial discipline, or engineering.
- MBA from a premier institute.
- CFA charter or candidature (at least passed Level II) is preferred.
- Knowledge of institutional investing, modern portfolio theory, and portfolio construction processes.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Matlab, R or C#).
- Excellent documentation habits, oral and written communication and presentation skills including ability to distil complex ideas into simple explanations.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or Management with a passion for finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred
Contact :Interested applicants can email a copy of their updated profile to Smrutika.firstname.lastname@example.org
Process: Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be conducted via video conference during weekdays
Know more about us @ www.morningstar.in | www.facebook.com/MorningstarIndia | Morningstar India YouTube Channel
More searches like this
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Fintech/Insurtech CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Fintech/Insurtech CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Fintech/Insurtech CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Fintech/Insurtech CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Fintech/Insurtech CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors