Product Control (OTC/ Equity products)
- Production of daily P&L for a number of trading books that have OTC and exotic products. Liaise with Front office and other end users on ad hoc queries.
- You will reconcile between front office and the back office P&L systems, this reconciliation pertains to all P&L activity including valuation of positions, cash balances, funding and provisions. These responsibilities require a good understanding of trade information process flows between different departments within the bank (Front Office, Operations and Financial Accounting departments).
- You will analyse, explain and validate P&L daily according to market moves, new trades and other influences as well as perform risk based P&L. This requires understanding of the various trading strategies.
- You will manage all marketing and risk provisions on the books to ensure accurate P&L reporting. This involves understanding how these provision values are derived and how they impact overall P&L.
- You're role will require you to take ownership of any issues that arise from the day to day and monthly processes with a view to resolving these in an efficient and timely manner.
- Perform month end reconciliation of general ledger. Ensure that the inventory is appropriately accounted as per the relevant accounting policies.
- Ensure proper Fair value levelling of the inventory in the books.
- Improve the processes to make them more efficient or improve controls.
- You are a C.A/ MBA from a reputed institute and having a CFA qualification would be an added advantage.
- You should have a deep understanding of capital market products and proficient in accounting of the same.
- You are proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT).
- A critical thinker with excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- An enthusiastic self-starter who achieves significant results
- You are a supportive and adaptable team member who can build positive relationships along with being a communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening and is able to speak confidently to people across locations.
- Principled and committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior